Child care providers receive meal reimbursement based on a 2-tier reimbursement, Tier I or Tier II.
Tier I reimbursement can be applied if:
- Providers live in an area of eligibility based on elementary school and/or census data.
- Providers household income is at or below the USDA Income Eligibily Guidelines. Providers own child, 12 years and younger, can be claimed when other child care children are present and eating the same meal.
- Foster children living with the provider or are in the providers child care, regardless of household income.
If you do not meet these guidelines, you will be reimbursed at the Tier II rates.
Household Income Eligibility- UPDATED July 2017
USDA Income Guidelines
July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
|For each add'l family member add||$7,733||$645||$149|
Elementary School or Census Eligibility
Below are the schools that meet the Tier I reimbursement based on 50% of the enrolled children being eligible for free or reduced priced meals. All providers within the boundaries of the school areas are eligible for Tier I rates.
- Madison Elementary-Fargo
- Jefferson Elementary-Fargo
- McKinley Elementary-Fargo
- Ed Clapp-Fargo
- L E Berger Elementary-West Fargo
- Fairmount Public-Fairmount
- Lake Agassiz Elementary-Grand Forks
- Valley Jr High-Grand Forks
- Winship Elementary-Grand Forks
- Century Elementary-Grafton
- Sundale Colony-Milnor
- Prairie View Elementary-Devils Lake
- Sweetwater Elementary-Devils Lake
- Zimmerman Elementary-Wahpeton