School Readiness Goals
Approaches to Learning
- Children will learn and follow classroom rules, routines and directions.
- Children will learn and use words to describes what they are thinking and doing.
Social and Emotional Development
- Children will display levels of emotions and behaviors that are appropriate.
- Children will engage in positive relationships with adults and children.
Language and Literacy
- Children will demonstrate receptive and expressive language skills and communication.
- Children will demonstrate knowledge of the alphabet.
Cognition and General Knowledge
- Children will use math concepts during daily routines and experiences.
- Children will use observations and manipulation to ask questions/make predictions to better understand information.
Perceptual, Motor and Physical Development
- Children will demonstrate control of small muscles for self-care, using utensils, building and writing.
- Children will learn/use safe, healthy behaviors.