Emergency Assistance

Households experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless may complete an application for emergency assistance at SENDCAA. This application is for SENDCAA, Presentation Partners in Housing, and Salvation Army. Completion of this application does not guarantee assistance. Only 1 in 5 applications receive assistance. Each agency completes a complete assessment of each case and makes determinations based on funding availability.

If you have already applied, call or text (701) 566-0772 or email with questions. This number is not answered immediately. Leave a message and you will be contacted in 2 business days.

Please note:
• Applications are reviewed weekly. You will be notified by mail if you have been approved or denied, please do not call SENDCAA to check on your application.
• Applications that are not complete are immediately ineligible for assistance
• If there is any change in your contact information, please notify us immediately.
• Staff from one of three partner agencies will contact you within seven working days of your application to notify you if you were approved or denied for assistance.
• Applicants will be contacted by one of the partner agencies to be screened for assistance. Please do not call SENDCAA for information about your appointment at other agencies. Contact the agency directly.

Other ideas to avoid eviction
***Try a “payment plan” with your landlord. Get a written agreement of what you can pay each month or with each paycheck in addition to your monthly rent expenses.

***If you have a utility shut off, you must pay the past due portion, not the entire balance on the shut off notice. If your utility company is willing, get a written payment plan in place with the company.

***Try all other resources including religious organizations in your area. Most are restricted to one time per year assistance, but they can generally help in ways that community agencies can no longer assist.

***Call First Link (211) for additional resources not listed on this page.

*** SENDCAA offers one-on-one rental housing counseling, without financial assistance, to help households avoid eviction and develop skills to maintain housing. Call for more information.

***Landlord-Tenant Mediation is available for situations that might have a resolution. Contact SENDCAA or Lakes and Prairies Community Action for more information.

***Remember, in North Dakota you are not required to vacate a premise until a formal, court eviction has been filed. A “3-day notice” or “late rent” notice does not require a tenant to vacate. For questions or legal advice, contact your local Legal Services of ND at 1-800-634-5263.



The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation or all or part of the individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202)690-7442 or email at .
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339; or (800)845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.