Self Sufficiency Program
The Self Sufficiency program is comprised of a variety of services all designed to improve the standard of living and help promote the self-sufficiency of low-income individuals.
- Housing Counseling and Self-Reliance Case Management- this program offers information about low income housing programs, rental delinquency and pre-rental counseling.
- Landlord/Tenant Mediation- mediation to resolve a dispute with a landlord to avoid eviction.
- Rent and Security Deposit Assistance - Includes a variety of emergency rent and utility assistance
- Renter Empowerment Class- Participants learn skills to empower them to obtain and maintain adequate, safe, and affordable housing.
- Senior Citizen Nutrition Program - Distributes commodity foods to low-income seniors
- Utility Assistance - Assistance in paying for a past due light bill in the event of a financial crisis
- Supportive Services for Veteran Familes (SSVF) - Provides Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-housing services to qualifying Veteran families
- Tri-State Help/HOPWA - Provides financial and supportive services, including services to obtain affordable housing and help to HIV+ individuals for accessing healthcare
- Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) - Free income tax preparation (available February 1 to April 15)