Who can participate in the SENDCAA Food Program?
If you are a licensed or self-declared family child care provider in eastern North Dakota, you may be eligible to participate.
How does the program work?
- Become a licensed or self-declared family child care provider.
- Contact SENDCAA to schedule a visit to your home child care.
- Sign an agreement with the SENDCAA Food Program and enroll the children in your care.
- Feed children following food program guidelines and keep a record of menus and attendance.
- Submit monthly menu and attendance records.
- Receive your reimbursement!
Once you've been a SENDCAA Food Program provider:
- Allow one of our friendly food program staff to visit your child care home three times a year
- Complete an annual in-home training and child re-enrollment packet
Food Program benefits:
Child care providers receive money back for some of the food they buy as well as valuable information on nutrition, meal planning, and age-appropriate foods to serve children.
Children have an opportunity to create proper eating habits that lead to lifelong health.
Parents have peace of mind, knowing that their children are getting the nutrition they need for appropriate development.